OLV Wardens Meeting
20 January 2011
||Bill, Phil, Susan, Ken, Agnes, Lyall and Gail
- Opening Prayer: Led by Bill
- Approval of Minutes: Approved by Lyall, seconded by Agnes
- Approval of Agenda: Approved by Lyall, seconded by Susan
- Administration Activities:
- Secretary’s Report - Thank you letters to:
- Residence Sérénité J.D.K. for their support
- Caisse Populaire - donation of $1,000
- Brookfield Energy – donation of $3,000
- Knights of Columbus – donation of $800
- Treasurer’s Report
- Bill provided financial report for Dec 31/10, still in deficit (-$3,330.32). However, not as high as previous years.
- Business Arising from Minutes:
- Valentines Dance
- to be held on Feb 19th in the Hall – tickets $10.00
- Sell tickets:
- Jan 23rd – Sue
- Jan 30th – Bill
- Feb 6th – Gail & Lyall
- Feb 13th – Ken
- Bill has taken care of getting the license
- We will provide:
- coffee/tea/sandwiches and deserts
- Chips & Pretzels on the tables – Depanneur Sicennes – Joseph St.
- Beer – same prices as usual
- Gospel Concert
- To be held on April 30th
- Jason Roos to play
- Tickets for April 1st - $10.00 per ticket
- Our cost Approx - $320
- Nancy’s printer
- Roof Project
- Currently at $17,200
- OLV church choir donating money from their account.
- New Business:
- Catering for funerals
- Letter to Warden’s from OLV Society. Various points of interest brought forward in letter.
- The society will no longer to offer to cater receptions following funerals
- Item #2 Accepted: The kitchen would be available to the family to have friends prepare the reception.
- Item #3 Accepted: If the family offered $400 to prepare meal and donate balance to church, Note: We would not give a receipt.
- Item #4 Accepted: Phone list of parishioners available to make and serve food Note: we would not give a receipt.
- Item #5 Denied: No donation box will be provided at reception (if parishioners wish to make a donation to the church)
- Bill to provide comments in writing to Alma, Linda Cameron and Monique
- Other Items for Society
- St. Pat’s Tea – March 19th
- Garage Sale – September
- Christmas Tea – December 3rd
- Fridays before events – the hall will be used, as well during the week the kitchen will be used.
- List of Capital projects 2011
- Downstairs Bathrooms: painting required , bars to assist people in washroom
- Situation with toilets – see if need replacing
- Fence at the side – to replace the cedar hedge.
- List of social projects 2011
- Valentines – Feb 19th
- St. Patrick’s Tea – March 19th
- Gospel Matters – April 30th
- Spring Supper – May 20th
- Check Gas Stove/ Carbon Monoxide detector
- Ken to look at a carbon monoxide detector.
- Booking Hall – Ensure no Conflicts with schedule
- Especially around Christmas time - ensure that regular bookings are contacted - should the hall be required for other events.
- Hospital Foundation
- Have a request to use the Hall – this would be our donation
- Next Meeting: February 17th at 7:00 PM
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM – proposed by Susan, seconded by Agnes