OLV Wardens Meeting
19 October 2010
- Opening Prayer: Led by Bill
- Approval of Minutes: Approved by Susan, seconded by Agnes
- Approval of Agenda: Approved by Phil, seconded by Susan
- June 17, 2010
- August 12, 2010
- September 5, 2010 – Roof meeting
- September 14, 2010
- Administration Activities:
- Secretary’s Report
- Letters prepared by Bill to Brookfield Energy and Lion’s Club seeking community and business support regarding $18,000 expenditures for the re-shingling of the roof on the north side of the church.
- Treasurer’s Report - Nothing to report at this meeting
- Business Arising from Minutes:
- Preparation for Harvest Supper
- Susan has 168 pieces of chicken
- Bill has liquor permit.
- Claire Flynn to work at door for tickets and raffle.
- Ethel will borrow some warming dishes from BJ’s restaurant.
- A harvest basket with preserves from Susan and Babe will be put together as part of the raffle. Bill will ask for additional donations of preserves after church on Sunday.
- Furnace Update
- The oil committee has put out the submission letter.
- Funding for the Roof
- Bill has prepared letter to Brookfield Energy and to Lions Club.
- As well as an application to Caisse Populaire.
- New Business:
- Offer for a supper in support of the Roof Project
- As this would entail a lot of work to find additional entertainment for the evening, we could look at this at a later date. (Phil Casey, Heart & Soul singers, Irish dancers).
- Volunteer Appreciation Night
- To be held on December 3rd.
- Hors d’oeuvres, crackers, cheese, wine and soft drinks
- Christmas Concert with Chanterelle
- December 15th, Bill will check with Linda Raby.
- Donation to TV22
- Make a $75.00 donation. Proposed by Susan, seconded by Agnes
- Transfer of Funds
- GIC for $20,000. Caisse Populaire has a community fund.
- Starting January 1/11
- Small = $0.50
- Large = $2.50
- Next Meeting: Thursday, November 18, 2010
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 8:25 proposed by Susan, seconded by Phil