OLV Wardens Meeting
14 September 2010
- Opening Prayer: Opening prayer led by Bill
- Approval of Minutes: Minutes from June not available for approval at meeting
- Approval of Agenda: Agenda items provided to wardens at beginning of meeting
- Administration Activities:
- Secretary’s Report - Nothing to report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Financial report provided by Nancy for the period: ending August 31/10
- Statement has new categoryies - hydro, oil
- Still nothing paid by St. Malachy for 2010
- Business Arising from Minutes:
- Harvest Supper
- Supper tickets – prepare 160 (50 for Mayo)
- Raffle for quilt – Ellen Butler has template.
- We will divide up the selling of tickets as follows:
- Bill – Sept 19th
- Ken – Sept 26th
- Phil – Oct 3rd
- Aggie – Oct. 10th
- Gail & Lyall – Oct. 17th
- Bill – Oct 24th
- Warden Meeting of October 19th – can finalize any details.
- Some of the outdoor painting has been done.
- This Saturday – 9:00 to 12:00 – small jobs to be done.
- Capital Upgrades
- Shingles on Roof - approximately $18,000
- Bill to prepare letter to Lion’s Club for donation ($3,500)
- Computer for Office
- Bought for $1,059.00 at Best Buy. Linda to pick up Wednesday.
- Donated computer desk from Nancy Lanthier to be set up.
- Thanks to Raymond St. Jean for his assistance with the desk.
- New Business:
- Cedar Hedge
- Owner next door approached Dan to remove cedars as they are ugly looking from her side (due to salt and snow form winter)
- Susan will ask Junior to come out with the tractor to cut and pull out roots.
- We will look at some other type of fence in the future.
- Apple and Meat Pies
- Monique contacted by Joan to make apple pies.
- Same project for meat pies as last Christmas.
- Fundraising Idea
- He will be gone for 6 weeks
- Father Yves will replace for 5 weeks & Father Philip Gendron – 1 week
- Father Gyan
- Donations toward the ‘Our Lady of Victory Restoration Fund’ available for funerals
- Next Meeting: October 19th, 2010
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Susan, seconded by Phil