OLV Wardens Meeting
18 February 2010
||Bill, Susan, Ken , Phil, Agnes, Lyall and Gail
- Opening Prayer: Bill led the opening prayer
- Approval of Minutes: Approved by Susan, seconded by Ken
- Approval of Agenda: Approved by Agnes, seconded by Phil
- Administration Activities:
- Secretary’s Report
- Thank you letters for donations sent to OLV Society and Country 2000
- Treasurer’s Report
- Financial Statement for 2009 ending 09/12/31 with the comparison to 2008
- Business Arising from Minutes:
- Capital Projects
- Painting of interior of church – the painting will begin on Monday, Feb 22nd. Mass will be cancelled on Wednesday. Should take 4 days ($20.00 per hour/approx $600.00)
- Bill to prepare the lists for the various duties in the parish (window washing, plumbing, small painting jobs, cleaning various rooms, etc.)
- St. Patrick’s Event
- We will try to plan an event at a later date.
- Contact John Kane – the Two Paddy’s.
- Victor Laurin – has ideas for an event. Will provide details of this.
- Zone Update
- A copy of e-mail letter from Linda Cameron to Father Bill Maravee was provided to wardens. The e-mail lists the comments proved by the member of the PPC for OLV and St. Malachy.
- Other Zone Issues
- Translation issues: Easter /Christmas and Lent will be translated as a priority.
- Messages returned: We will monitor how efficiently messages are returned.
- Meetings/workshops for wardens will be held in English
- May invest in GIC’s.
- No Mutual Funds (considered gambling)
- Strip bonds – to look into this.
- Diocesan Report - we will send our bulletin
- The Zone is a necessary requirement for the English community.
- New Business:
- Web site
- What is the cost of maintaining the website?
- Bill is proposing to get a meeting with Linda, Ambrose, Lyall and Gail Wallingford
- Contents of site: continue to put bulletins, what about upcoming events, raffles, other parish news, Hall rentals etc.
- Cemetary Plots
- Put a notice in the bulletin regarding the ‘perpetual care’ for those who currently have family plots. Plots can be resold.
- Update the plaque in Church
- find an engraver – get an estimate of the costs
- update with Fr Gyan’s name (ask what he would like printed) and start date
- update with Fr. Bill’s end date
- Display case at entrance of church
- Look at a display case to indicate church news and events.
- Other church information can be posted.
- Next Meeting: Thursday, March 18, 2010
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Susan, seconded by Phil