OLV Wardens Meeting
21 January 2010
- Opening Prayer: Bill led the opening prayer
- Approval of Minutes: Approved by Phil, seconded by Agnes
- Approval of Agenda: Approved by Ken, seconded by Susan
- Administration Activities:
- Secretary’s Report
- Financial Statement for 2009 – rec’d from OLV Society (Balance: $529. 62 and OLV Choir Balance: $40.96)
- Thank you note and photos rec’d from Nicole Charbonneau regarding Volunteer Wine & Cheese evening
- Donation rec’d from OLV Society for $2,500
- Donation rec’d from Country 2000 (Doris Berndt-Treasurer) for $200.00 – to be used for fuel
- Treasurer’s Report
- Nancy Lanthier – not at meeting
- Business Arising from Minutes:
- Capital Projects
- Painting of the church interior - Claude expected to start painting in early February
- Back Door – rectory - Rolly made adjustment to latch. Put weather stripping also. Need to close more tightly.
- St. Patrick’s Event
- Try to do before March 19th. Try Friday, March 5th or Sunday, March 7th or Sunday, Feb 28th.
- Bill still trying to contact Pat Cassidy for additional info.
- Bill to put a letter out advising of Lyall and Agnes as new wardens. We will put out a call letter for volunteers for the various parish duties.
- Volunteer sign-up sheets for various duties will be posted. (prepare list of jobs: painting, rectory cleaning, window washing, vestments-dry cleaning, bathroom-main level, carpets, etc.)
- Prepare a list of contacts to volunteer for electrical, plumbing etc.
- Donations at Funerals
- Bill has talked to Father Bill on this issue. There is no problem. Donation cards to be placed at the back of the church.
- Bill will get an estimate to print the donation cards/envelopes.
- New Business:
- Contract – JUST EQUIPPING
- Renegotiate to $165.00 per month
- Room Rentals are $25.00 per night, with a provision that a reduced price could be negotiated for extended stays.
- Practice of Gospel choir – each Thursday
- Letter to St. Malachy’s – Re: Finances
- All in agreement that a letter be prepared to Joan Teske, President, Fabrique, St. Malachy Parish – regarding outstanding amounts due. An explanation regarding the outstanding invoice amounts not paid (Invoice #1- $714.00 & Invoice #2 - $651.00 – TOTAL $1,356.00)
- Events Calendar
- A calendar for upcoming events to be posted on the website.
- Website updates required for other items. Ambrose to be contacted. In Fall 2008 – Gail Wallingford & Lyall Campbell volunteered as back-up for the maintenance of the website. They are waiting for overview/training from Ambrose regarding the maintenance of the website.
- English Speaking Zone Issues (Letter from Father Bill Maravee)
- Send comments by January 31st, 2010. What are the things that the English speaking zone should provide as a service? Translation, returning calls etc.
- Next Meeting: February 18th, 2010
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned by Susan, seconded by Lyall